Total pounds lost!

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A little perspective

You know when you think you are doing bad, or weight loss is slow, or like me bouncing back and forth with the same pounds. Stop take a moment and look back. I was reflecting on my past this morning when I was preparing for my sons party tomorrow. Now I will eat cake (well the frosting lol, I used to eat both even though I do not really like the cake sad I know) But I am planning to get a nice workout to make up for that, and planning my points around it. Before I never would do that, would have eaten everything becuase what the heck I was blowing it anyway right. I never measured before, never opted for more veggies, rarely bought fresh fruits and veggies. Ate a ton of potatoes, would sit down and eat past the full point. Always had two pieces of garlic bread, and even when I thought I was eating healthy I ate twice the amount I should. I easily ate 2 whole bags of gummy worms and never thought twice of it. I would eat a whole bag of chips etc. But I never really thought I had an issue because in my mind, since I did not eat a lot of high fatty foods I was good right? Wow it is no wonder I was 300 pounds at one point. But now even when I feel out of control it is nothing like before, and I am aware, and I step back and revamp myself. So remember no on is perfect we all have bad days, weeks heck even a month. But you know what? You are not who you were before! You have come a long way, and are taking a huge step. I know I will struggle with food my whole life, but it will no longer control me. I have taken my life back! and you can too! One minute, and one step at a time. The most successful people at weight loss are those who deal with the mental and physical. We will all get there and stay there! I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment