Total pounds lost!

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, December 12, 2010

How I began the journey and why.

I decided to begin this journey at the end of July 2010. I no longer recognized myself in a picture I saw. My clothes were too tight, nothing fit well. My blood sugar was through the roof. I had no energy. I was super lazy! My knee that had an acl replaced a few years ago was killing me, the doctors told me the weight had to come off. I was basically slowly and surely killing myself. With diabetes comes many complications if it is out of control. My eyes were getting worse, I was getting cavities, and soon my cholesterol would soon go up.

So I said God if you give me the strength, I will give you 110% I would do whatever it took to it this time. This would be the last time for sure. I am not digging my grave with a knife and a fork.

So I joined Weight Watchers in August determined this time I would do the program as designed and not give up. I joined the local Family Y determined to get in the best shape of my life.

At first I could barely spend twenty minutes on the treadmill at first, but every day I added a minute until I was on that treadmill for seventy minutes.

Now I work out about five to six days a week. I just started to run on the treadmill. I take spin classes five days a week, and I love it! I vary my other cardio each day. I also do strength training three days a week. I love working out period! I keep trying new things each month to see just what I can do. In January, I plan on doing Bob Harper's Inside Out Dvd in addition to my regular workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment